Civil Wills was started in 2004 after the Founder had finished a successful career at sea. A Navigator in the Royal Navy and ten years as a Chartered Shipbroker was enough to quench the wanderlust.
Starting as a Member he is now a Fellow of the Institute of Professional Willwriters. This is an examination entry organisation that demands that everyone conforms to a Code of Practice regulated by the Trading Standards Institute.
You can click here to check the veracity of our membership.
We have also made the investment in further Training with the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
You can see my Affiliate Membership here
Adrian Traher has an Advanced Certificate in Will Writing which permits him to display this Logo. All wills at Civil Wills are written by Adrian Traher and only he has this STEP Will Writing Certificate.
You may contact Civil Wills directly on tel: 033 0024 9940
Having worked with Civil Wills since 2011 Sue passed the IPW Associate exam in 2015 and in 2018 passed the main exam to became a Full Member.
My background and experience as a professional working in the charitable sector gave me the drive and ambition to provide a friendly, competitively priced service for families who are involved in caring for a relative.
I now work on a private client basis assisting individuals and families involved in the care of a relative, they do not need to have dementia to access my service.
I provide home visiting services for:
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Attendance Allowance form completion service
- Assisting families to find appropriate care providers, set up technology in the home and understand dementia
Carers support group – Purley
I am an Associate Member of the Institute of Professional Will Writers and I have a small network of Professionals that I refer to for independent financial advice for Care Home Funding. I take Instructions for Wills that are written by Adrian Traher
I am passionate about people understanding the financial implications that come with dementia and health issues.
- If you are not happy with any aspect of service provided by the Company, you should first of all contact our Complaints Director, Michael Traher, on 01883 337055
- If you wish to make a complaint about any aspect of service provided by the Company, you must, in the first instance write to our Complaints Director Michael Traher at the address below. He will acknowledge your letter within 5 days of receipt and then investigate the circumstances of your complaint and write to you with the results of his investigation within 56 days of receipt of the complaint. If we do not find in your favour, we will provide you with information about the IPWADR service – see next item.
- If you are not happy with the results of the investigation by the Company, you can contact the Institute of Professional Willwriters who operate an Alternative Dispute Resolution process called IPWADR that will consider your complaint. Please note that you MUST raise your complaint with the Company before you can access the IPWADR. The contact details for IPWADR are shown below.
- These complaints procedures do not prevent you from seeking other means of redress.